Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Brownies Revisited

Last night I was in the mode for making some brownies! So I did!

I have always been in love with those brownies since my early days at BYU where they are served at the student cafeteria and many people bake them at home for social and church events. Since I am trying to cut back on carbs, I have been avoiding those delicious sweet bites.

So when I made them, I used less oil (I did use a combination of olive oil and corn) But in order to keep them moist and tasty, I opted to use two things. I added cultured yogurt(Kefier) sweet strawberry flavor. And I also used some dates! I smashed the dates and added them to the mix! And off course you got your eggs. Stirred adequately and then pourned in a pan, baked for 50 minutes! Once I got them out of the oven, I poured some liquid chocolate as a topping and then put them back in the oven to coll overnight.

And Actually they tuned out well. Not too dry not to soggy and I enjoyed them quite a bit. I like how they were not too cake like and they were dense and chewy! I brought some to work with me and sent some to a close friend of mine. I have yet to hear the feedback from those who have tried them, but I can testify that they look and taste really good! Brownies are officially Brownified Sa'hteen.

P.S. A co-worker of mine told me that you can use apple sauce as well to substitute the greasy oil.

2 comments:

Mary on March 18, 2009 at 12:32 PM said...

I don't think I have a chance to taste the brownies. I might bake some myself but not now, I have to wait until my electricity bill of $1.320.-, is resolved, can you imagine the electricity bill is for two months, even my friend has a house with four bedrooms all his appliance are electrical and he does not pay more than $100.- a month.

Julia Hamilton on March 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM said...

I use apple sauce on occasion--it tastes the same, but the texture is different, closer to cake than to brownies. At most, I would recommend 50-50 oil to apple sauce. Good luck on your baking adventures!

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template