Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Clash of the Titans


I was walking on Pennsylvania Ave today Tuesday in the afternoon, two volunteers wearing red vests that read "Save The Children" were talking to pedestrians about the work of "Save the Children", a wonderful organization that does so much in places around the world including Gaza. For some twisted reason the image of planned parenthood clinic came to my mind at that instant (I pass by the clinic twice a day) came to my mind and I thought maybe we should have these volunteers stand up there as a cruel joke and ask people to join Save the Children to see if any will take a brochure. I would like to see that for the humor of it...."Do you know what Save the children does?" "No, but I just wasted one a minute ago!" Bad I know. I mean if one was effective that other would not need to exist since one is undoing the work of the other. But also you can argue that if those who were born in broken homes (otherwise would be aborted) then we do not need to save the children since in a perfect world, every chiled will be saved.

1 comments:

Mary on March 11, 2009 at 10:40 AM said...

It is good that there is Planned Parenthood for those who know they cannot take care of children and for twelve, thirteen years old who has a lot of freedom here in the US and are doing things they are not suppose to do until they are mature. I see on the bus girls of that age carrying their babies with them to school, they are just kid themselves. About crazy Nadia which we saw on TV, she has six kids at home and she had eight more, how she is going to take care of all those kids, not financially, we know she is going to get help on that matter but mentally and strength.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template