Monday, March 23, 2009

Running To Jefferson

This morning by 4 AM I had 7 missed calls from my sister....I knew there was nothing to worry about so, I called her back to check on her, she just wanted to say hi. I was mean to her when she asked "oh, it is 4:00 AM, what you doing" I was made as hell! I told her I do not know what they do over there in Gaza, but I was a sleep in peace. Could not go to sleep after the call so I went running. It was my earliest run at 4:25 Am, I was out in the cold, with my running outfit and my best friend--my MP3 player.

Since I had a lot more time than my previous runs, I decided to make my run longer, and include the Jefferson Memorial on my trial. I did my usual run and as I got to the hill where the Washington Monument stands, it got windy and chilly all of a sudden, jogging slowly, I greeted the guard and asked him what would be the fastest route to get to the Jefferson Memorial, he was nice and showed me the way. I have jogged to the Jefferson Memorial before, but it was during the day. Honestly jogging to the Jefferson Memorial is the most scenic jog; trees, water, colors...etc. It was unsually dark, and for a second I got intimated, because the side walk is dark, it is cold and the tree branches are so low that they actually might hit my head. Needless to say, nothing bad happened and I enjoyed the morning peace. I made it back to my regular route after I jogged in the WWII Memorial. If you have not had the chance to visit those memorials at night, you owe it yourself to see them and the reflections of the lights on the water bodies.

My hands were really cold and it was getting harder to blow my noses with the tissues--I stock on these. But nothing feels better than the feeling when your morning run is over! I looked at the time and I was running for straight one hours and thirty five minutes. My calculation says It was a ten mile run,it could be more it could be less.

1 comments:

Mary on March 23, 2009 at 9:52 AM said...

Good for you, to tell you the truth, I was scared when I was reading your blog. I thought you will say something happened to you but I remembered I saw you on the bus and I was relieved because I knew you where alright anyway, may be in the summer, as I don't like running, I might walk there, if you just tell me which way I take to the Monument and something else, there is nothing wrong and it is nice, to say good morning sometimes on the bus.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template