Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Gazan Who Runs For Love of Running

BBC has a story on a Gazan who likes running, I am impressed to know there are other Gazan who enjoy running...I will make sure I look him up when I head to Gaza in few years. I was amazed by the number of many young Gazans who took running as a sport....I saw many running at night for fun...I was impressed. of course you know I ran on the Gaza beach for a while and then found out about a stadium in my hometown that I used. Too bad they count using meters not miles to count distance.

Again and again, Nader el Masri ran for us. We were filming a number of different mini-features with him. Sometimes, he just had to run a couple of hundred metres, over and over. At other points during the day, he had to put in a 20-minute stretch.

Each time, his running style appeared nothing short of perfect: a picture of symmetry, his upper body still, his eyes cast downwards in imperturbable concentration.


Story

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you think it is too bad that they count distance using meters not miles>>> its not a big deal>>>

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template