Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Proud Uncle 96.7 Times

I got some good news this morning, I mean 5 AM morning....

My little niece Fatmah, (named after my mother)

Ace her GED exams (Tawjihi), she did ace the thing.....I am a very proud uncle today....

She got 96.7%, one of the top 2o highest grades in the Gaza Strip....I had to wake up Roa and tell her the news...we both were expecting Fatmah to get in the range of lower 90s.....but she got even higher and I did lost my best to her,

In my year I got 92.4%, two years later my sister Niveen gets to 91.1%, a year later Roa beat me in her year 94.4%, now Fatham topped all of us with her 96.7%

I had promised Fathmah if she beats my score and Roa's, I will be sending her a laptop....this is the one bet I am happy to deliver on.....I got the laptop this morning and it should be at Fatmah's in a matter of 3 week.

We are very proud, her parents are especially proud, my parents are celebrating.....the good work of their first grandchild to ace that grade.

I know my dad will probably tear up....as for Fatmah I spoke to her this morning and she is happy....she asked me to deliver on my promise and I think she wants to get into English literature program in a local university.

3 comments:

Roa'a said...

my deep cogratulation ya hani, but don't forget to correct the information regrding my GPA. It was 94.4% not 94.2%hhahha.I ma really so glad for Fatema!wishing her the best in the next step.

Mary on July 24, 2010 at 5:37 PM said...

Many happy congratulation, I hope you and Roa's first born will be so very inteligent like all of you.

Mary on July 24, 2010 at 5:38 PM said...

Many happy congratulation, I hope you and Roa's first born will be so very inteligent like all of you.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template