Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pomegranate Juice Makes Me Sick


Pomegranate Juice is marketed here as the healthiest juice in the world, it might be true. But that was not true two days ago.

My friend Meissa and I got a bottle each of Pomegranate Juice from Trader's Joe out in Maryland...you know their store brand the one you pay 3 dollars for. I actually wanted to grab their mango smoothies instead, but then I said why not for the pomegranate beverage as we both were really thirsty.

I guzzle my bottle, and so does he....right before I finished mine....I feel sick, like I wanted to throw up, and felt worse as I started feeling dizzy, the kind you feel in motion sickness. I grabbed a plastic bag and put it near me just in case.

Meissa was feeling fine and then 15 minutes later, he started feeling the same pain in his stomach and rushed home to go take care of business. We figured this batch of pomegranate must have been contaminated or something.

I had shared a sip with Roa and she did not feel too well afterwards. So there you go the irony of this of course is obvious.

8 comments:

Mary on July 14, 2010 at 11:45 AM said...

First of all you don't drink the pomegranate juice quickly when you are thirsty. Pomegranate is antioxidants has vitamin A-C-E-B-K, potassium and acid too. It will make u sick and poop too when you are thirsty and drink it like drinking water quickly. Pomegranate is my favorite juice.

Togyar on March 8, 2012 at 3:24 AM said...

I also feel excatly same symptoms as Hanitizer right after i drink pomegrate juice.at first i thought i was poisened or something buy now i got used to it and i just take it easy until the sickness goes away BUT the Q,s WHY pomegranate juice makes ypu sick when it should be the hielthest juice on earth.i hope someone answers this mystry a doctor or food technologist..

Bob Armbruster on September 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM said...

Agreed on the POM juice - makes me ill I tried the V* V FUSION for a week and gradually kept feeling sicker and sicker- maybe it's just us!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering why my stomach felt so much like it was churning. I thought I was coming down with something, but come to think if it I just started drinking pomegranate juice via smoothies. I've had one everyday for 4 days and my stomach has felt awful since day 2. I'm glad to know what most likely was causing this though.

Virgil Antonov on January 28, 2016 at 3:48 PM said...

After several days of taking pomegranate juice 100% I felt dizzy, severely. My wife stop using it before me after several days she felt dizzy but I was just laughing. It is contaminated, and all of it. Mine was made by "FULL CIRCLE"

Helen Monday on December 17, 2016 at 5:48 PM said...

I think maybe it's better to have in small quantities and drunken slowly because it can cause gastric problems in some people, and some people may be allergic.

Helen Monday on December 17, 2016 at 5:48 PM said...

I think maybe it's better to have in small quantities and drunken slowly because it can cause gastric problems in some people, and some people may be allergic.

krashthrillsman on January 17, 2017 at 5:33 PM said...

yeah i am at walmart right now and i guzzled a bunch in the store. like 16 ounces because i dont want to pay for it. that backfired big time cuz i almost puked.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template