Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Anonymous Falafel & Toys


I stopped by an Arabic food restaurant by one of my favorite places to eat and then the family that owns the restaurant tell me about a little dilemma they have been experiencing. The place is relatively new and it seems that they have been getting a good word of mouth from people who try their food. I really like their food and they go out of your way to serve you a better item each time you go. Here is their problem, someone went online and posted a bad review for them on Yelp They actually were worked up about this little anonymous feedback. They confessed they have changed their fries since then. I never ordered fries there, but everything I tries was exceptionally good. I promised them to get on the site and write them me a fair review.

But this goes to a larger part of something that we take seriously what people who hide behind the mask of "anonymous" to make us feel bad about ourselves. I admit that I do not read the comments people put on my different posting on the other websites, because they while there are good things come out of critical feedback. The reason I do not read such feedback is because of it is good or bad it will get to your head and will make it harder to move on...granted some might call this a thin skin approach, but I do not see it that way. I am not sure of the title of the book I read when I came to the States (If you do share it with me) about the toymaker who made a special toy that had so many dots on it because the dots represent the labels people put at the toy like "skinny" and such. the toymaker asked his creation "the toy" not to let these things bug you and let other people label you with such things. In other words, people have as much power over you as you let.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have put where the Restaurant is located, I know people will love to go and eat Falafel one of them is me, about anonymous, they are coward not mentioning theirs name when they write bad things about other people, like me I am coward not mentioning my name when I write comment on Hanistan.blog not because I write bad things, the reason is I am afraid you will not publish my comment when you know who wrote it. About power, nobody has power over me or anybody else, only God has th power over us

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template