Friday, February 20, 2009

Gaza Aid--The Bragging Edition



I just received a phone call from one of the directors of International Relief Development group in Arlington, Virgina. He wanted to thank me for helping putting him in touch with the United Palestinian Appeal, an American Charity that does work in Palestine. I worked with both charities to get them to feel comfortable with each other so that they can do business together. In short, UPA will help IRD deliver a shipment of a million dollar worth of medical supplies to Gaza. I am excited that I was able to take part of this important transaction. Working with the director of UPA was wonderful because the moment he heard about it, he went into action. I really did not do much, other than verify that IRD is a legitimate group with rather large budget, something I shared with UPA. IRD provided me the list with the medical supplies they will be delivering, and that helped UPA be comfortable since most of the medical supplies are in fact needed.

This all happened when an intern at IRD whose a BYU graduate called in some of my friends in Utah, who put him in touch with me and then I took his email and shared it with few organizations, UPA picked it. My organization will be sending a medical team to Gaza in March as well as delivered medical supplies to Gaza earlier this month. Go go Cougars!

2 comments:

Julia Hamilton on February 20, 2009 at 3:45 PM said...

yay! Good job! That is great!

Mary on February 21, 2009 at 5:14 AM said...

What is wrong with my comment, you don't like it because I said the truth, that is why you did not published it. OK and thank you much.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template