Tuesday, February 10, 2009

eharmonized



I have a friend who has just gotten married to the love of his life...and I was pleasantly surprised that they actually met on eharmony. The popular website know for its ads that flaunt compatibility and such. I saw a commercial for them on TV the other day and got me to think how do these guys make money?

I mean if there ads are accurate and their compatibility is accurate, then it seems the more successful they are the less are the odds for a repeat customer. In other words, if they find you the right gal or pal as they have done with my friend, then you are done with them. Sort of like having to buy a coffin, you only need that once.

Further, the lousier the people they set you up with, the better their business will do since you are inclined to coming back for more matches. That got me thinking that for eharmony, they would love to have to sort of clients; cheaters and polygamists who both bring good business to them! Obviously, they are not going to advertise that because both type of clients are shunned. In the past roach motels used to get most of their business from cheaters, now cheaters keep more business running.
"Cheaters, keeping eharmony in business"

The founder of eharmony is an observant Christin who refused to match gay couples at the beginning. I think gay groups pressured him to do just that, but that's even more lame...why would you want someone who does not approve of your relationship to begin with to match you with another whom he equally denounces. If you are gay, why grant this entity such power.

I read a study, I think it was in Time Magazine, more people meeting on such websites will get married than the ones who meet at churches which has been the tradition. Which brings one voice to mind, arranged marriage has creeped in.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe in e Harmony Style meeting someone fall in love and getting married just like that, without knowing the person at least for some time, if your marriage is going good, you are lucky, even falling in love with a person you know very will and marrying, sometimes the marriage does not go good, like my marriage, I thought the person I loved and marred, our love was mutual but my bad luck my marriage was very bad, we knew each other for a long time, how about marrying a person you hardly know unless you are very lucky. e Harmony Style is the same like arranged marriage, they do in some Arab countries also where I come from,they do arranged marriage too but some Arab countries the women has to accept arranged marriage even if it is not good marriage she cannot get out of it because it will be shameful for her and her family so people have to be careful getting involved in this kind of marriage specially in the US where ther is lots of divorce.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template