Friday, February 06, 2009

Not Much To Say

In the past couple of days I have been battling DC's coldest days ever, and auditors. I have been working with an audit team as part of my job to make sure all documents they need are in order....I think they are through with me and everything looks in order.

I have also been leaving my laptop at work so I do not get to blog from my apartment at night.

I had a stand up gig last night at topaz hotel, it went well, I enjoyed the crowd who kept the room warm as it was freezing outside. I noticed very few Obama jokes even African Americans still have not figured out a way to puke fund of the new president. The closest they got is making fun of his security guards, and Michele Obama's height and her distinct middle Name LeVon (I think)

There was an interesting comedian, he was actually one of the funniest that night, although he has only one leg, but he was good sport about it. He talked about how he smuggles 2 litter bottle of cokes in his pants and no one dares to say anything to him. And how Americans come and tell him "Thank you for your services to our country" but he lost his leg to cancer as he said. But he would not stop he looks them in the eye and say "It was an honor"

On a serious note, I took part of a panel few days ago that was organized by the Muslim Law Student Association, it went well and the crowd was mainly friendly. My part was to talk more about the humanitarian situation and the struggle of my own fmaily in the midst of the Israeli assault.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been working hard this few weeks, thanks God everything went OK. By the way where is this topaz hotel, was it in Vergnia, too bad we where not there to see you, may be, some how, some times or some day, some where will see you. Good Luck whatever you want or do.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template