Monday, February 09, 2009

Blogger in that country

My quote of the day by an American Jewish Blogger who has recently visited Israel. Titled My? Isreal

More than in decades past, the Israel I recently visited is a mixture of despair and arrogance. There is a great deal of pride over the Gaza campaign. When I pointed out that was nothing to be proud of since it was like the Pittsburgh Steelers playing against a High School team. Most Israelis felt that while true, "those people" deserved it. The despair comes from a terrible realization that there is no real "just" solution to this conflict. It's a zero sum problem, us or them, and there is a groundswell of support for a "move'em on out" permanent solution for the Palestinians. With respect to Gaza the solution I heard most frequently was to lock the gates and let them wither away from starvation or bust the gates at Rafah and move to Egypt if they want to eat.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Israelians wants to destroy the Nation of Palestain from the face of the earth but God is watching and some day some how, who does evil to others is going to get back the evil he did. Wow Israel, "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND" to hunt you.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template