Monday, February 02, 2009

Clothes and Mattresses on Fire



My older brother Mazin is in the hospital for medical attention, I think it is blood transfusion and IV, that only made worse by the recent Israeli attacks. He is getting better though...Mazin is one of thousands who need medical attention who had to wait till the hospitals treat their most urgent cases. Now, they send people home with their IV and tell them to put it on at home.

Just got off the phone with Gaza, apparently my older sister who lives in the outskirts of Beit Lahia, Al'ATatra area, not only had her bedroom burn to ashes and her home decorated with an assortment of various Israeli shells. My mom told me that her clothes also caught fire and she has nothing to wear. Her 'Abayat the dress women back in Gaza out on on top of whatever they are wearing now are also gone. those usually cost about 50-100 bucks a pop. My older sister Fatin came to her aid and loaned her some of her clothes to keep her warm in the cold winter. Until she fully asses the damages to her home, she will not be able to live her normal life for a bit.

On that subject, the mattress in our second home--where my family took shelter, has also burned due to Israeli fireworks. The scene of a number of people of my family rushing to put out the fire is both sad and funny. and that is the duality of the Palestinian story.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have to thank God that they are OK, burning clothes or mattresses is only material even houses, what ever is lost with God's help can be replaced but human life and body, once destroyed cannot be replaced, although their heart is breaking and their life is aching and they think they are living in vain, God will cool their pain. We pray to God, Mazin will feel better.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template