Friday, February 20, 2009

Bank of America SNAFU

So, here is a little story that took a bizarre turn...

Two weeks ago, I went to the nearest ATM for the Bank of America-my bank to withdraw 40 bucks. The ATM did not give me 40 bucks, but they rather gave me 70 bucks. I was surprised to see the amount, but I was like this is not what I asked for. I gave myself the benefit of the doubt and said maybe I asked for 70 bucks. the Next day, I checked online and the bank told me that they have given my 40 bucks. I was like, this is interesting! I am not used to ATM giving me more money, they barely give me what I ask for, not over pay me. There are like Vegas that way, you cannot cheat your way. I said to myself as much as I hate the bank and hate all there fees, I must keep the money. This would make me feel good that I got some money from the bank than rips me off every time I overdraft.

I ended up deciding to give the money back because I would feel much better, it is not about doing the right thing or an altruistic act. I called the bank and told them about it, granted they were confused and informed me that this is the first call of such the operator took in a long time. So, what they actually have to do, is not nearly as simple as you would think. They open an investigation on the incident that will take 42 days to determine what went wrong with their ATM. they will take the 30 dollars withing 10 days however, and I should hear form them again. While this is not the sort of investigation I wanted to be part of, but it looks it is going to be a hassle since they might think that the ATM might have given me more money that I am telling them.

Anyhow, at the end of the call, you would imagine that I will get a thank you...but little did I know no good deed goes unpunished.

1 comments:

Mary on February 22, 2009 at 5:21 PM said...

When I read what happen to you at the ATM of Bank of America, could not stop laughing, that is very funny any way,I hope they believed you and took the money back.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template