Monday, April 13, 2009

Dude...Where Is My Gaza?

I was speaking to my brother in law, Hassan, he made aware of a new problem in Gaza. Hassan is in his mid 20s, a graduate of the Islamic University of Gaza, an employee of the Palestinian authority as well as the family's handy man. There is nothing he cannot fix or at least attempt to stake a stab at it.

We were talking about how miserable life is in the Gaza Strip, when he told me that among the items now smuggled into Gaza is painkillers. Few people in Gaza now have developed the habit of getting high on those controlled substances. Obviously, they have to buy those from the pharmacy, and it seems that few pharmacies are willing to go along to sell those painkillers for people who do not have prescription. Hassan also said that due to the large number of injured men and women due to the Israeli substance, it is hard to tell who is buying what medicine for whom. Thus in this fashion Gaza resembles any American suburb where rich housewives and poor blue collars use such drugs for recreational purposes.

Hasan was also telling me that he might start taking amino acids regiment since he wants to start working out at the gym. All these drugs would not have been smuggled into Gaza with this unprecedented volume without those border tunnels. It's true food comes in too, but other substance also make it.

1 comments:

Mary on April 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM said...

Is there anything I can do, you know that I am sincerely want to help, also want to help baby Siwar, I tried to call on the weekend from my home, your Mom and every body's phone I know, no answer, this morning I tried again from the office but no answer too, the phone does not get throw, I emailed you so, you can let me know the condition of baby Siwar and I am hopping you let me know.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template