Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spreading Democracy, One Tickle at a Time


Last Thursday, during my morning run, I was somewhere near Northeast in Washington DC, by near I mean few blocks away from the actual NE. I saw a man, standing and giving me his back, as I was running on the sidewalk near the stores, he was closer to the curb and standing there near an SUV. It was early in the morning, but even I could not help but notice that this man is doing what I think he is doing....yes, he was taking a leak in public. As he saw me approach he actually moved even closer to the nice SUV and continues spreading his democracy all over the car. He was indifferent really, and I was like, this is a first. I mean in Gaza, I have seen people take leaks in abandoned areas dark places, but I never thought I would see it here in the heart of Washington DC, the Nation's capital, few blocks away from Capitol Hill none the less.

Now I am sure, he had to go, and I understand the urge that comes with the need to liquidate. Few months ago, I was on a run and it was the only time I felt that I had to go and take a leak...but I was not in an area I am familiar with, near New York Avenue on the red line. I tried me best to hold it, hoping I would find a McDonald's or an open business that would let me use the restroom. I confess I even toyed with the idea of taking a leak near some join high school--it was before 6 AM, so no one was around. Thankfully, I did not have to do that...out of no where I Giant Store pops in my route and I go in and use their W.C....boy did it feel good? I think it is truely one of the most underrated human pleasures. On that note, I shall stop.

1 comments:

Mary on April 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM said...

Man are lucky, if they want to open their tap for leaking it is easy for them to go near a tree, wall or a car do their leaking but weman I don't have to tell you, how diffcult for us, one day I was on the bus in the morning going to work I wanted to do my leaking so badly I wanted the bus to stop so I can go and look for a place finally the bus stoped near foggy bottom hospital, I got off and the hospital was far thanks God there was a clinic near the bus stop, I went in the clinic found the bathroom, you don't know how relieved I was when I finished, if I did not find a place to do my leaking, I would have leaked on myself it would have been a disaster.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template