Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back To Running

After overworking my ankle early January, I took a break from running. I took a month of no running, just using bike in the gym to allow for my ankle to rest. Late February I started running on the Treadmill for 5 to 10 minutes once a week just to test my ankle and not to put pressure on it. Slowly things started to look good for ankle and I felt confident about going outdoors for a short run (4.5 to 5 miles) Last Sunday Roa joined me on my run and it was cut short as the mud in Rock Creek Park was intense. Last Wednesday, I ran for an hour and felt fine. Today on Sunday I had to try if I can get back to my old route and push it a bit further. I was especially motivated because I saw a number of people on the DC metro who have just finished a Run DC half Marathon and Marathon. I was like, "I need to get back to this" Roa noticed my jealousy from other runners. The sweet weather in DC of course helped me as I knew other runners will also be hitting the asphalt. Thus Roa was cool about my run this morning, I told her I will try not to work too hard. Anyhow, it ended being an hour and 27 minutes. I estimate a close to 10 mile run. Which might be the longest run I had taken since my return from Gaza. I do not plan to do that very often, but it really felt good to know you still have the stamina. I still have to find a knew doctor who can tell me what is the matter with my knee!

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template