Sunday, March 21, 2010

Crazy Ethinc Ladies Strike Again





On my morning run near the White House today, there was a huge rally near the White House and there seemed to be thousands of people. My first instinct was this must be a rally against health care for for pro-life activists. I was wrong. This was a really for illegal immigrants asking for immigration reform. It was almost exclusively Latin people and all their singes were in English. "I am a registered Nurse...", "Friends Keep promises..."

The fun part was the many Mexican and Latino mascots people where dressed in to make the point of their nationality. But I had a laugh when I saw those mascots where worn by what clearly is a white person. I was an uneasy look at the face of the young Latin lady walking next to the mascot. I mean the Hispanic protesters knew the game, they dressed in jeans, American flags, and all signs in English to communicate a message to those who will see the rally.

Here is the thing, After reading the history of the Mexican-American war and Mexican control over California, Texas, Arizona and Utah, I see the immigration issue differently maybe as some in the Mexican side see it. But here is the thing, if more than 10 percent of Americans already here unemployed, and the economy is struggling, Germany is looking a lot better.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template