Thursday, March 11, 2010

You Just Cannot Make That Up

Man Complains About Cellphone Talker At Movie Theater, Gets Stabbed In Neck With Meat Thermometer


http://www.accessatlanta.com/atlanta-movies/man-stabbed-with-meat-359043.html?cxntlid=thbz_hm

She Just Lied, simple as that

An Atheist Jew goes undercover in Evangelist Church

Their initial reaction was shock, of course. They were understandably wounded. I hadn't known this, but they thought something terrible had happened to me. So to find out that not only was I doing just fine, but also that I'd had this agency, that I'd done something to them, that I'd been secretly recording the events of their lives and that I'd stolen them for use in this book -- I think that was deeply disturbing news. Worse, not only had I lied about being a Christian, but I was an atheist, someone who -- from their perspective -- had no moral center at all. I've tried to understand what it must have felt like to assimilate that news, but it's something I'll never fully be able to imagine.


Read her story

Save the Whales, a typical activist quote:

During the October restaurant visit, animal rights activist Crystal Galbraith, 27, and a friend who spoke fluent Japanese racked up a bill of $600, feasting on increasingly exotic dishes to gain the confidence of the waiters and chef.

"It was heartbreaking to eat an endangered animal, but I knew that I was doing it to save" the whales, said Galbraith, a vegan. "We were there eating for four hours. I felt so full and sick."

the story


A Kennedy that gives a speech like an Arab leader would, watch

Sad, but I think I agree with his take on the media and how it's all about sensations and scandals and not where the bodies are buried.

Violence Begets Violence, here is a story about war zone cops who served in Iraq and Afghanistan...they are more prone to using violence than the copes who have not gone to War. Read It sure sucks to be an Iraqi

"In Iraq, if a bad buy gets away, he could come back and blow you up or blow up someone who works with you," Williamson told the AP. "You do everything you can to make sure the bad guy doesn't get away. ... I can't absolve myself of Iraq. How deeply it affected me, I don't know ... I'm not the same person who left."

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template