Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Taxes Paid!



That time of the year is back again and have you scrambling for your tax forms and deductibles forms you might have. On Sunday I stopped by my accountant, the same guy that has done my accounting since 2005 to do those suckers.

Most people do their taxes on their own or use a software to file their taxes. I do not and I made that decision back at BYU, where the volunteers at the business school Vita center screwed up my taxes for two years in a roll. I said you always get what you pay for.

So I headed to Silver Spring, Maryland where my accountant is (he is Indian, IT Indian) and I had dropped of my forms few weeks before and I simply did not find the time to go to sign the sheets he prepares. Here is the ting, most of his clients are immigrants. Indians, Hispanics, and Africans, I have not seen an all American person ever do his taxes their. Maybe those people use H&R Block or do it on their own. But why do not the new immigrants refuse to do their taxes on their own? I know many they just do not file and that works out just fine. But I make sure I file my taxes every year because it's good to be in the system.

Could it be fear of being audited by the IRS that sends immigrants to the professional tax preparers? I do not know, but it might have also to do with their immigration status. I have heard attorneys use filing taxes to support their argument that their client is a good law-abiding citizen.

Anyhow it feels good to have paid my taxes early...no go on get out your Turbo Tax and scratch your head.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template