Saturday, March 20, 2010

Our Family' Wedding Review



Just got back from the movies, we saw "Our Family's Wedding" a comedy about an interracial marriage between a Latin Girl and a Black man. It was an average comedy with some laughs, but you would laugh a lot if you were a member of those two groups. I thought they had funny material and a great cast. The subject of the movie however is new and I think it was both a worthy and a timely subjects that has yet to be addressed. Brown and Black relation in LA has always been interesting to watch for me. There are parts where you think you are watching the "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" with the family planning and the grandma part. I saw the film in Silver Spring, one of the areas that have a large Latin Community and a huge African American presence, the audience was a mix of both groups. Some parts where funny to the Latin couple next to use and most of the film was hilarious to the three African American ladies seated next to us. I thought the Latin group enjoyed the grandpa's role, the Spanish and both I and them liked Carlos Mencia Trying to act as oppose to stealing jokes. Aside from that, there were few grown up themes that movie tackles like old couples who no longer have the spark, or the non-committal man.

The only white people in the film were on dimensional and they were superficial, uptight or just pathetic (the bartender and DJ) I mean for a change a movie not about white people is good to see. But a movie that tackles issues of race should not minimize the others.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template