Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Gaza Barber Vs. A Fusion Cartridge



One of the strange things I encountered in Gaza last summer is the issue of shaving. my facial hair. I took my Gillette Razor with me, thinking my trip would be short, I only took two cartridges. Needless to say when the stopped working after two months of shaving in Gaza. When I headed to the local pharmacy to see if they had the new Fusion razors I was glad to learn that they had them in stock. I was sad however to see that it would cost me 8 US dollars to buy on cartridge. Here you can get them for about 3 dollars each. The ones they had in Gaza are smuggled from Egypt and I was not able to verify where they were manufactured. Here is the thing, to get a professional barber to shave your facial hair in Gaza it costs about a dollar. Say you shave once a week, this would be 4.5 dollars a month. Still cheaper than the average tunnel smuggled cartridge. Had you wanted to find a barber in the States to shave your facial hair for you, it would be upward of 10 dollars. I am afraid finding a barber that would do such a task in America would be a hard mission as people in the States have many fears when it comes to blood.

This is how funny the siege is, contradictions all around. No wonder why less men Gaza kids shave nowadays. I am glad to report that the people that gave me the most trouble about not shaving where my own mother and my mother in law, my sisters are runners up.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template