Thursday, March 25, 2010

Males @ My Gaza Engagement



An event that happened during my engagement party in Gaza, kept returning to me and gave me a laugh.

It's traditional during the women portion of the party (where they dance and all look pretty) the male relatives of the bride and the groom come in during the party and share their best wishes. Sometimes they would give the bride gifts of gold. When this happens, the females of the other family cover up so the males do not see them without their cover. So in one minute, you have ladies dressed in colors, flaunting all what they got. all that turns around as they run for cover right before they announce the entrance of the male of the other family. The female relatives of of the males who are coming in will look at their best as those males are their relatives.

At our engagement party, both my siblings and father as well as Roa's father and siblings came in together, so you can see all the females ran for cover. My sisters and Roa's female relatives too. My mom and Roa's mom covered up, but they still danced. the problem was when the DJ (a male who has his own room where he cannot see the women dance) made the announcement he said that Roa's male relatives will come in first. but then some women were caught of guard as males form both familes showed up together. Anyhow fun times...

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template