Saturday, March 27, 2010

Review On iMusical



The iMusical improve was fun, it last for an hour. I do not think it was completely improvised. One, I arrived early and the group was rehearsing, I was told so by the ticket box office. They even had a large man blocking the door. Two, they seemed to have a frame to which they push a narrative. For example, they picked up a note that says, a little Indian town at peach canning time. Sounds too random? They first two songs were sort of improvised, but then the show was pushed toward a new narrative...a big box taking over a small town. It was funny and had some original parts, it lasted for an hour. It made me thing "I can do this." Roa and I enjoyed our time and so did our friend Sterling.

On a serious note, I noticed that Americans might have a better imagination that Arabs. When I and Roa were told this actor will be playing an old man, we were thinking here is the actor that will be trying to be an old man. But Americans in the audience had no problem seeing the actor as an old man and thus they found his scene hilarious. I had to convenience myself that this is really an old man to enjoy the jokes and the humor.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template