Monday, January 26, 2009

Alive In Gaza


Grandpa says that people are so disoriented that they no longer recognize each other. "Three weeks of straight carnage, destruction, and horrors can only rob people of their innocence and sense of consciousness." Dad had worries of his own; his 33 grandchildren gathered around him hoping he would to keep them safe, something he promised them he would do. But I think he said it best when he told me: "If I can't even keep myself safe, how can I give them what I don't have???"

In Gaza now, the loss of a dear family member because of the recent invasion, does not automatically call for a funeral. "You only have one of those if your entire family is gone", said uncle Ahmad who lost his 22 year old daughter to an Israeli sniper as she stood in her kitchen. Now people "funeral pool", where every area has one large consolidated funeral to serve an entire block.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the Lord rest their souls in peace. We are still afraid for your loved once, your family, we pray they will be safe.

Anonymous said...

May the Lord rest their souls in peace. We are still afraid for your loved once, your family, we pray they will be safe.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template