Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Calling Gaza




I got few minutes of talk time with the family today, which was nice. The whole family was staying in one bedroom. My niece Roa'a (by far my favorite) is sleeping next to my mother, where she asked her to hide her in her dress. She told her that if a bomb comes, it will hit both of us. Mother added, I wish I could hide all these grandchildren in my heart--but we all know that is not a safe place either.

My nephews are spread around town to live with different families, that's their father's wishes. None of his three sons and one daughter is staying at the same place. A number of families now have moved more than twice in the recent thee weeks assault on Gaza. My family might be yet relocating soon since our neighbor home got hit.

My sister-in-law delivered a bay girl and she still has to be named, none of the offices or the clinics are open to take are of that, so she shall remain nameless for--like the majority of the Palestinians. I think mother said, they are thinking about calling her Siwar, Arabic for Corsage.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wounderful you talked to your family. Siwar, it does remind you of somebody, it reminds me, anyway tell them to name her the name you chooce for her. God bless all your family and keep them safe. You don't know how relef I was when I talked to them this morning, I am sure you where too.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template