Friday, January 30, 2009

Asleep in Gaza



I called Gaza today and briefly spoke to my older sister Hanna, she is doing much better especially that she has a son with disability who's kinds of heavy and not east to move him around (Perhaps he is my favorite person in the whole world) But he was asleep when I called, it was a relief to hear that they are now doing fine.
Mother was asleep when I called, I knew that, but ti is fun to catch people when they are half awake and half asleep...you can get them to talk then.

She told me that now they started receiving food packages (mainly flour) she gave them to my brothers since they are doing a lot more baking now. She took one the littlest and newest addition to the family Mai (I named her) to the doctor because she wasn't feeling too well. The baby is much better now since actually doctors can see and offer non-emergency patients.

I really feel much better now that I know they are secure and not under constant shelling anymore...it's such a relief.

I will be taking part of a panel discussion that will take place next week at the Law Center of Georgetown here in Washington, DC, that should be an experience.

I have also being taped for some Arabic TV entertainment show, I will be doing some jokes, my first since the end of the assault on Gaza. I will try to find things to laugh about.

All the best

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so relefe to know, THANKS GOD your family are doing fine, we are trying to do something for them but unfortunatley due to the snow we where not able to go anywhere except to work also it gets dark so quickly anyway now we will be able to do something since Saturday is here. We are interested to know on what channel you will be doing the joks, we also like to follow up what ever you are going to do at the G/University. You are doing a good job, keep it up.

Anonymous said...

We are crowded in a small planet although we are far away from each other, is Human to be charitable and sharing with a sequence of small kindness to families living far away, which are in destress with collection of close relatives going through a very difficult time fighting a hard battle is more than recognition and whatever kindness is given is never lost in the EYES OF THE LORD.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template