Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cannot Balance The Truth...This Man Can




I went to a lecture with an Israeli scholar because someone had asked me to take part of it and try to ask questions. I normally would not do this, especially given the recent Israeli assault on my family and countless others but since I had participated in a number of events in DC area with mostly supportive crowd, I wanted to see the others…the non supportive ones.

Michael Oren – ZIONUT and a spokesperson for the IDF, an university professor, a self claimed historian, a citizen of Israel, an self serving American patriot, a self-loathing victim of Palestinian terror, and small time terror apologist made his case. Weaing too many hats confused the living heck out of me, I did not know which side of his mouth he was using. Here are few of his treasures:

Muhammad ad-Dura does not exist, BBC I belie caught the footage of assassination of this child.

He is sorry for the death of my family members

I found a column from an ancient Roman temple in the garbage, so I told the guys to cover for me and I took it home. Hey forgot that Israel bombed the hell out of the Church of Nativity. Countless ancient mosques and cemeteries have systematically been bombed.

Israeli army never lies! If we’re investigating, we’re doing just that: WE’RE INVESTIGATING!!!

Palestinians don’t want to move out of the Refugee Camps – they don’t want to move into homes and apartments – they want to stay in the camps as a sign of the urgency of needing to solve this problem

Gave a brief overview of the Gaza and its history

Gaza has always been conquered – Egyptians, Romans, Middle Ages, Ottomans, British, Egyptians, Israelis

I can’t forgot the suicide bomber that killed my sister; I cannot forget the suicide bomber who blew himself up in the restaurant under my office in Jerusalem (Hilal Café in Jerusalem)

If we want to exist, we will have to pull out of the West Bank – the traumatic experience that people face when they are kicked out of their homes – I remember the trauma of people in Gaza, 8,000 settlers, in 2005 – what will it be like when we pull 200,000 settlers from the WB??? If it was a matter of survival, they would do it. He’s an existentialist

100% of the reservists reported to the duty – so it was Christmas and they told him to come to war, so he came to war

Journalists don’t do their job in journalism – they believe Palestinian or Lebanese stories as cold hard facts

Israel helped and supported Hamas in the late 1980’s to counter balance Fatah

Arafat hid terrorists in his car coming back to Gaza

Total Israeli talking points where he cherry picks historical events to justify their out or proportional military action. One example he used that in the Balkan war, the NATO forces killed tens of thousands to get to the few hundred bad armed men.

Few people on the audience gave him a standing ovation like 3 out of 200 people who are mostly Americans. I did not clap for the guy, because I disagree with a lot of what he said, I do admire his skill at looking people in the eye and saying untruths.

Once the mic was open, I ran to it, and in deed I got the first question. My question was of two parts. I lost three cousins in the past two years, two of them killed by Israel; one a paramedic and the other is a college girl. The third was an armed man who got killed by another Palestinian group. In other words, Israel killed my two civilian cousins. Also since you are from NJ, you have a choice, you chose to go back and live in Israel. I did not and neither the majority of people chose to be there…they are from there. So I asked how that fits into his narrative. The only answer I got is that fact that he is a Zionist and had to be responsible, and being responsible for Jewish people is to be in Israel. To his credit, he said sorry for the loss in my family (like that would bring them back)

Khalil my wing man got the fourth question and asked him about who broke the truce, since the reports of Israel breaking it not Hamas as he claims. He disputed that, but Carlos has the upper hand in terms of he knew his source all too well. It was clear to me that Oren has dug himself into a bedrock, but has he left himself any material to start rebuilding? As Obama said in his inauguration speech, "" we will judge by what you build, not what you tear down" What did Israel build? Not much other than a separation wall that is only three times as high as the Berlin wall.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand or like politics but the big people who are in politics they never say the truth, they always, don't say the truth just for their own profit in order to be famous but there are people who say the truth and write books about it, but no one hears or believes them. One example, Mr.Carter Ex-President of United State of America. Hani: I want to congratulate you for writing a good Huff Post / Gaza: Audacity to Survive you sent to ADC stuff, it is very good specially the last paragraph the good things you said about America. I hope all America will read it. Good Luck for whatever you are doing.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template