Thursday, January 22, 2009

Israel Get Your Gun




Sorry for the lack of posting, I have been recovering from a terrible case of sore throat, I am hoping it will leave me soon, if it does not then I am going to see the doc--to whom I spoke to on the phone.

but as I arrived at work early, I actually got to work at 7:20 instead of my regular 8:20. I did not realize it until I looked at two different clocks. This how disoriented I am these days.

As I was making copies this morning, I thought about how both the US and the EU are rushing to sing agreements with Israel that will make sure that Palestinians do not get weapons. Under those agreements, the Americans and the British will monitor the Gaza shores to make sure weapons do not get in. Great move for Israel by getting others to agree to do some extra work for them for free I am sure.

I said to myself that this is another missed opportunity. Instead of rushing to help the hungry in Gaza, the powers form new alliances that will further send the hungry into an extreme diet. But I am sure what would keep Israel safer is not starving the Palestinians in Gaza. It's clear that hungry people cause trouble and make easier recruits for those who want to fight. People who have jobs and food on the table do not go shopping for guns (maybe for hunting)But why Israel and its groupies fail to see the bigger picture? They always address the symptoms of the disease and not its root causes. Like my doc who fails to see that my cold might be a sign of a bigger thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaamtak, we hope nothing serious and feel better soon. Take care of yourself man. If you heat orange juice real hot mixed with honey and drink it when you go to bed, we guarantee, you will feel better.

Anonymous said...

Saalamteck, we hope it is not serious and you will feel better soon. If you heat orange juice real hot mixed with honey, drink it when you go to bed, we guarantee, you will feel better.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template