Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Gaza Live Update




It's very thoughtful of you to think of my family, thanks for all your emails and notes! I just gotten through, the service was shaky...but we spoke with the family..it is really sad.

My dad is no alarmist, but he was in a bad shape. My family moved into the center to stick around with other people, a friend of mine got killed as I was talking to them on the phone. Hassan ElkaHloot, about 20 years old, used to hang out at our store since we were renting a property owned by his dad. He used to make me tea, if i needed it. He is gone!

My mom I could not understand a world of her, her voice was overwhelmed with emotion since she survived an attack that killed 40 other people. "Inkatably 'Omor Jadeed" I asked her if she was talking about the school massacre, my dad said no, the other one. So Israel in one day kill more than 40 people a pop and get away with it. My mom was heading home since the sister in law was not kicking the baby out of her yet, and on her way the hit took place.

My sister in law is having a baby, at the worst time, where your survival is not a priority, but rather told "your baby, should stay in there as much as he/she can" because they are trying to bring some infant to life he has already have

My family lives in a basement now, where all my sisters also moved out there way since the Israelis are at the corners of Beit Lahia and Beit Hanooun. Dad was worried as he spoke to me on the phone that the Israeli plane will strike him since he looked like he was in a serious conversation. Before he hand up he said "This is a mad war, and no one care about us," "We have Allah"

Happens is meant to be shared, so not being able to enjoy life with the ones you love is cold like Hassan's little body in the hospital fridge.

If you want to talk to them....

011 972 599 012 916
011 972 599 012 917
011 972 599 882 884
011 972 599 544 596

Maybe you will have a better luck getting a connection...and please let me know what you hear...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I told you for several days I was calling them on all the phones number I had the same like you wrote here anyway, I did not want to tell you about your Mom's shaky voice at the same time my voice was shaky too, I was afraid she was going to tell me bad news I was so afraid although I hardly could understand what she was saying but I asked her if everybody was OK and when she said yes, I said thanks God but I was not sure anyway that is why I emailed you, I thought you will understand her better than me. I am glad everybody is OK. Thanks God. Your let me know when you called them and I will too.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your friend and about your sister in law having a baby at this awful time, well, what can they do, the baby has to come out if it is ready. When you call again please tell your Mom not to go out at this time, baby or no baby, I am afraid for her, I will talk to her in a couple of days. I forgot to ask about little Hani. I wounder how old is he now? I hope Mahmoud will not go out and get hurt.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template