Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Driving, Courts, and Parking



Perhaps the beauty of not having a car is that you never have to worry about finding parking at the places where you are going. Having said that, it sucks when I have to help find a spot for a friend as parking signs do not seem to have been written in a language that anyone can understand.

Not driving also has another perk, you never get ticketed...I learned this is a very important thing when i file all sorts of immigration papers...they ask for criminal records and such. They often ask for traffic violations as an indicator. I remember few years ago, the paralegal at the attorney's office called me to make sure I am not lying on my application, "You never have had a ticket?" with confidence I always say, "No!"

On the downside however, most people and entitiy ask me for a driving license as an ID, when I tell them I do not have one, they act like I am a moron like what happened this morning when I went to the court to pick up a from (BTW, why is the marriage office is located next to the mental office in the DC court on the fourth floor?) So when I give them my permanent Residence card, they act like it does not count. To put them at ease, I tell them "the US Government issued me this card", I think they are a credible source.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template