Monday, April 19, 2010

Bad News for Arabs: Well-done meat doubles bladder cancer risk



We really like our meat overcooked, we always say well-done, it is hard to find an Arab who will ask for medium done or rare cooked meat, we like to smoke the heck out of our meat, maybe because do not like the site of blood on our food. when I first came to the States, I have always asked my burgers or steaks to well done, I just did not think there is another way around it. But three years ago, a friend of mind convinced me to give medium done it a try and I did. But this report from BBC confirms that well done is not that good for your health.
In a study, people whose diets included well-done meats were over twice as likely to develop bladder cancer than those who preferred meats rare.

The research findings, based on over 1,700, people were presented at a US cancer research conference.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template