Thursday, April 08, 2010

Carpal Tunnel and I



Here is a good article about Carpal Tunnel. I hope I do not have to see a doctor for it ever. Few weeks ago a member of our board was in town for a meeting and he spotted my glove, he asked me "What happened to your hand?", "Carpal Tunnel" I said. He held my hand, checked the nerve area and asked me few questions about my fingers and the area of the pain. He cheered up and told me "This is my specialty" He told me I should worry about it if it keeps me up at night and if I have pain in my pinkie finger. I was glad to hear that. Kellee, my friend told me that playing ping pong helps people recover as they utilize other nerves in the hand. While I do not have a ping pong table, I have started toying around with a stress ball (State Farm Insurance was giving those out) I think it helps give me hand an exercise.

Here is an interesting line from the study:

However, you may be at a higher risk for carpal tunnel if your work or hobbies involve a combination of awkward, repetitive wrist or finger motions, forceful pinching or gripping and working with vibrating tools.

1 comments:

Easton Taylor on September 8, 2021 at 2:26 AM said...

tretiva 40 mg contains Isotretinoin which has a place with a gathering of drugs known as retinoids which are utilized to treat skin issues. Isotretinoin is used to treat severe nodular skin break out. This lessens the measure of oil that is delivered normally by the skin and slaughters the microscopic organisms that cause skin inflammation and assuages redness and soreness.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template