Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fans would give up food, jobs for World Cup glory?



story

Fifty-one percent of respondents to the tongue-in-cheek survey of 20,000 people, who live in North America but hail from countries with teams in the June 11-July 11 World Cup, said they would starve themselves for a week if that would bring victory to their national squad.


There is no team or country playing in the World Cup 2010 that wound inspire me to starve myself to seem them win or even improve their chances. I am fan of soccer and follow the country teams pretty well, but I guess I am not that big of a dork like these fans who would starve themselves to see their home team win. Having said that I hope one of the Latin American countries win the World Cup. I feel closer association with Brazil, but if Argentina wins, I guess I have to put up with some of their smug attitude, but if they win be it. I defiantly do not want a European team to win this time around--it's Africa c'mon

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template