Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Brown Fat is Awesome!

It turn out that there are two kinds of fat in mammals,

there is the brown fat per Wikipedia

It is especially abundant in newborns and in hibernating mammals.[1] Its primary function is to generate body heat in animals or newborns that do not shiver. In contrast to white adipocytes (fat cells), which contain a single lipid droplet, brown adipocytes contain numerous smaller droplets and a much higher number of mitochondria, which contain iron and make it brown.[2] Brown fat also contains more capillaries than white fat, since it has a greater need for oxygen than most tissues.

and the White Fat also per Wikipedia

In humans, white adipose tissue composes as much as 20% of the body weight in men and 25% of the body weight in women. Its cells contain a single large fat droplet, which forces the nucleus to be squeezed into a thin rim at the periphery. They have receptors for insulin, growth hormones, norepinephrine and glucocorticoids. White adipose tissue is used as a store of energy.


It tuns out that brown fat is the better kind of fat as it is easy to access it and it burns outside your body. I think when I was in Gaza and I did not get a chance to work out as much as I wanted. My mom and sisters was cooking all sorts of food that I ate....I felt my body will get warm for no reasons....I am guessing that was the brown fat escaping my body to compensate for not being able to escape by intense working out...

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template