Thursday, June 24, 2010

Debate The New York Mosque

I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way.

Remember the mosque initiative in New York City where they will build a mosque close to ground zero?

Here is an article on a major Saudi site talking about those Muslims and others who appose the mosque initiative.

Yes, I think if the people of NY want a mosque they should have one, but if few want to make a statement, mosques are for prayers not for statements....and yes I do go to mosques and like to see more of them, but for a reason not because few in the community want to make a statement! Now they are telling us they will have a pool in there! I think this is also just asking for trouble....if this center will be open to all, then they would have to let those bikini wearing girls through....is that really what a mosque is for?

I also hate the racists who are trying to shut down this debate about religious freedom politics and government. I really do not want to hear them anymore than I want to hear a radical boast about "the new mosque in heart of New York!" I too heart the City

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template